XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 0.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on November 9th. One XRP coin can now be purchased for about $0.28 or 0.00003170 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinBene, Fatbtc, Cryptohub and OKEx. During the last week, XRP has traded 5.9% lower against the U.S. dollar. XRP has a total market cap of $12.07 billion and $1.45 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011353 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.75 or 0.00224376 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $128.97 or 0.01465145 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0726 or 0.00000824 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0189 or 0.00000214 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded up 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.81 or 0.00031873 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $10.61 or 0.00120486 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded 26.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0381 or 0.00000379 BTC.
- INO COIN (INO) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.00 or 0.00022731 BTC.
XRP launched on February 2nd, 2013. XRP’s total supply is 99,991,316,762 coins and its circulating supply is 43,248,091,671 coins. The Reddit community for XRP is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. XRP’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. XRP’s official website is ripple.com/xrp. XRP’s official message board is www.xrpchat.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BitMarket, Sistemkoin, Bithumb, Coinrail, ABCC, Altcoin Trader, Ovis, FCoin, Bits Blockchain, CEX.IO, Liquid, Vebitcoin, CoinBene, Koineks, Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinone, Coindeal, MBAex, Zebpay, B2BX, Bitbns, BTC Markets, OKEx, Huobi, Coinsuper, Stellarport, Kraken, Coinhub, Cryptomate, GOPAX, Fatbtc, Korbit, Koinex, OpenLedger DEX, BitBay, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Gatehub, Binance, Covesting, CoinFalcon, Bitinka, Poloniex, Gate.io, BTC Trade UA, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Coinbe, Ripple China, CoinEgg, Bitstamp, ZB.COM, BCEX, Bitbank, BtcTurk, Exrates, LakeBTC, HitBTC, Indodax, Cryptohub, DigiFinex, BitFlip, Braziliex, Coinsquare, BX Thailand, Bitlish, C2CX, LiteBit.eu, Bitso, Exmo, Kuna, Bittrex, WazirX, Instant Bitex, Bitfinex, Upbit, Bitsane, RippleFox, DragonEX, OTCBTC and Independent Reserve. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.